Envelope Closure Pillowcases: Are They Superior?
After a long day, there’s nothing like crawling into bed, laying your head on your pillow, and closing your eyes for the night. No matter what type of pillow you like — rock hard or soft and plush — you probably don’t think too much about your pillowcase. That is until your pillow starts sliding out of the case in the middle of the night or your pillowcase gets all twisted and wakes you up. Luckily there is a simple solution to these common problems — envelope closure pillowcases. Never heard of them? Here’s a closer look at these unique cases and some of the benefits they have to offer:
What are Envelope Closure Pillowcases?
Traditional pillowcases are open on the ends. An envelope pillowcase has a special envelope closure at the end of the case, so the pillow is tucked in and out of sight for a more finished look when making up the bed. Recently, these cases have picked up in popularity. Customers love our PeachSkinSheets envelope closure pillowcases because of the many benefits they have to offer.
Benefits of Envelope Closure Pillowcases
Why consider ditching your regular pillowcases for new envelope closure pillowcases? Just a few of the benefits envelope enclosure pillowcases have to offer include:
- No Pillows Peeking Out — It’s easy for your pillows to peek out of the pillowcases, particularly if you have larger pillows. This takes away from the beautiful aesthetic of your bed linens. It’s especially unsightly if you happen to have older pillows that are a bit stained. With envelope pillowcases, the pillows are completely covered. You won’t even see the ends of your pillows.
- Pillows Won’t Start Sliding Out of the Cases — How many times do you have to shake those pillows back into their cases? Many pillows slide right out of the cases after you sleep on them a couple of times. Since the envelope closure cases enclose the ends, you won’t have to worry about your pillow sliding out of its case over and over again.
- Pillowcases Don’t Get Twisted While You’re Sleeping — There’s nothing worse than waking up with a pillow seam on your face or neck because your pillowcase twisted in the middle of the night. Pillows can easily move around in cases that don’t close. With an envelope case, the pillow can’t escape, so it’s less likely to twist while you’re snoozing.
- Pillowcases Don’t Wrinkle as Easily — When pillows can move around inside the case, they often wrinkle up while you’re sleeping on them. What’s the problem with wrinkles on your pillowcases? They can actually be hard on your skin. It’s even possible for those wrinkles to lead to fine lines and wrinkles on your face. The envelope style of cases won’t wrinkle as easily because the pillow can’t move around, which means it’s an excellent choice for your skin. As an added bonus, PeachSkinSheets pillowcases have a wrinkle release that’s activated in the dryer for wrinkle free sleep.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Pillowcases
Envelope closure pillowcases definitely offer many benefits. But no matter what type of cases you choose for your bed, there are a few tips to remember to make sure your pillowcases are doing more good than harm:
- Make Sure You’re Changing Cases Often — Oils from your face and hair can build up on your pillowcase over time. If you don’t change your case often enough, this can lead to breakouts on your skin.
- Choose a Fabric for Your Pillowcases that will Keep You Cooler and Drier — If you sweat a lot at night, especially if your head sweats, you’ll want a pillowcase made of materials that will wick away moisture so you’re not sleeping on a damp pillow all night long.
- Keep Hair Oils Off Your Pillow as Much as Possible — Hair oils build up on your pillowcase and they aren’t great for your skin. While changing your pillowcase regularly is important, keeping your hair off your pillow as much as possible can help. Try braiding long hair or putting it into an up-do when you’re sleeping.
- Wash Pillowcases Properly — Using the wrong detergent may start irritating the skin on your face. If you notice any itching or red bumps on your neck, face, back, or shoulders, the detergent you’re using on your bedding could be the problem. Go with an unscented, hypo-allergenic, gentle detergent for your pillowcases and other bedding.
When choosing envelope closure pillowcases, you’ll want to find the most comfortable, softest pillowcase available for a great night of rest. PeachSkinSheets pillowcases are made out of a lightweight, breathable, and soft fabric that will feel amazing on your face and neck. The athletic grade performance fabric of PeachSkinSheets pillowcases actually wicks away moisture instead of absorbing it like other fabrics, so even if you’re a hot sleeper or deal with night sweats, you’ll stay cooler and drier throughout the night.
Sick of pillowcase wrinkles on your skin? Maybe you just don’t want your old pillows to show beneath your cases. If so, PeachSkinSheets envelope closure pillowcases are an excellent choice to end the frustration of traditional pillowcases. Get your envelope enclosure pillowcases today, included with every PeachSkinSheets Sheet Set (or sold separately) and start enjoying your nights in bed even more!
- All topics
- Antimicrobial Sheets
- Bed Sheets
- Better Sleep
- Color of the month
- Decor Ideas
- Duvet Covers
- Hot Sleeper Sheets
- Hypoallergenic Sheets
- Luxury Bed Sheets
- Master Bedroom
- Sheets For Night Sweats
- SMART Fabric
- Washing Sheets