Why Cancer Sufferers Choose PeachSkinSheets
Many people living with and fighting cancer struggle with getting a good night of rest. This may happen because of cancer symptoms, such as pain, or it may be a result of the side effects of chemotherapy, such as night sweats. Sleep is essential to healing and combating any disease and finding ways to improve sleep while going through cancer treatment is critical.
When it feels impossible to get comfortable enough to rest at night, having the right bed sheets makes a huge difference. You want soft, comforting sheets that help combat some of the common side effects that come with both cancer and chemotherapy. Here’s a closer look at some of the common side effects of chemo and how PeachSkinSheets can help offer you a better night of rest as you continue fighting hard.
Common Side Effects of Chemo
While chemotherapy is a powerful treatment that can get rid of cancer, it also harms healthy cells within the body, which can lead to a variety of side effects. Side effects often vary based upon the type of chemotherapy used, your health, and your age. Although they often clear up after chemo treatment, sometimes side effects continue for months or years after treatment ends.
Some of the potential side effects of chemo that impact your entire quality of life include:
- Hot Flashes and Night Sweats – Hot flashes and night sweats are common when undergoing chemotherapy, as are fevers. These symptoms may occur due to how chemo affects hormones, which may trigger early menopause in women.
- Digestive Distress – Chemo often causes digestive issues like constipation, diarrhea, and more. This may lead to weight loss and feelings of weakness.
- Nausea and Vomiting – One of the most common symptoms of chemo is nausea, which often leads to vomiting. This can result in weight loss as well during treatment.
- Tired, Achy Muscles – Sometimes chemo may cause muscles to feel tired and achy, and this may interfere with coordination, balance, and additional motor skills.
- Skin Sensitivities – Skin often becomes irritated and dry as a result of chemo, and some people develop sensitivities to sunlight.
- Fatigue – Overwhelming fatigue often occurs in patients undergoing chemo because chemo may lower blood cell counts and cause other symptoms that tax the body.
- Difficulty Sleeping – Due to pain, hot flashes, night sweats, and other symptoms, it’s common to have difficulty sleeping as a result of chemo treatment.
Additional side effects of chemotherapy may include:
- Hair loss
- Easy bruising
- Mouth sores
- Loss of appetite
- Low blood cell counts
- Decrease in urination
- Cracked or discolored nails
- Bone loss
- Swollen feet or hands
How PeachSkinSheets Can Help
At PeachSkinSheets, we have heard numerous times from breast cancer survivors that our sheets help keep them cool. Performance fabric can help you get a better night of rest by making it easier to cope with some of the side effects of chemo. For example, if you experience hot flashes and night sweats as a result of treatment, PeachSkinSheets performance sleep fabric is designed to be breathable and lightweight to keep you cooler while you sleep. It also helps wick away moisture if you have night sweats instead of just absorbing like other fabrics do, keeping you more comfortable at night. And even if you sleep with a partner who is always cold, the temperature-controlled fabric keeps you nice and cool while still keeping cool sleepers cozy while they slumber.
Skin sensitivities are also common while going through chemo or radiation treatment for cancer. PeachSkinSheets' 21st-century SMART fabric is super soft against the skin, giving you a 1500 thread count level of softness with the brushed PeachSkin finish. The fabric is both hypoallergenic and anti-microbial, too, which means it’s great if you have developed allergies or have sensitive skin due to your treatment.
Cancer symptoms and chemo side effects both often lead to difficulty sleeping at night and daytime fatigue. While our sheets can’t directly address the fatigue, PeachSkinSheets do offer the comfort you need for a better night of rest. The soft fabric soothes your achy body when you climb between the sheets, but the anti-slip, non-sateen finish ensures that you won’t slip or slide around.
PeachSkinSheets are also pill-resistant, so you won’t need to worry about those little rolly-pollies that can irritate the skin. You also won’t need to wash them numerous times to enjoy their softness; they’re ultra-soft when you first take them out of the package.
If you’re a cancer sufferer, or know someone who is, don’t let another night go by without introducing ultra-soft, moisture wicking PeachSkinSheets for a cooler, drier night’s sleep.
- All topics
- Antimicrobial Sheets
- Bed Sheets
- Better Sleep
- Color of the month
- Decor Ideas
- Duvet Covers
- Hot Sleeper Sheets
- Hypoallergenic Sheets
- Luxury Bed Sheets
- Master Bedroom
- Sheets For Night Sweats
- SMART Fabric
- Washing Sheets
YOU REALLY US
"Best sheets ever! I love these sheets! I've purchased them for all my family members and bought a second set for myself. I highly recommend them to anyone who enjoys sleeping.""