From Menopause to Hyperhidrosis: Why You Need Cool Sheets
When the sun goes down, many people get excited about snuggling into their sheets and enjoying a peaceful night's rest. But for those who are enduring the symptoms of menopause — or those who have to deal with hyperhidrosis — bedtime isn't as exciting as it is for everybody else. That's because during the night, they overheat, which triggers their bodies to produce sweat to cool them down. Without the menopause cool sheets, people in these situations can wake up in pools of their own sweat, uncomfortable, overheated, and grumpy from a lack of sleep.
This doesn't sound like fun, does it? If you've ever experienced night sweats, you know exactly what we're talking about. Even if you're lucky enough to get in a few hours of shut-eye, you're almost guaranteed to wake up feeling gross, with an unpleasant atmosphere of your own moisture surrounding you in all directions.
What is Hyperhidrosis?
In simple terms, hyperhidrosis refers to excessive sweating. Some people are genetically predisposed to hyperhidrosis while others may experience it as a side effect of medication or medical problems. According to WebMD, an estimated 2% to 3% of Americans suffer from hyperhidrosis of the underarms, palms, or soles of their feet. On the surface, hyperhidrosis can be embarrassing and impede sufferers' daily lives, as they're constantly worried about shaking hands or how much sweat is showing through their clothes. This discomfort doesn't stop when the lights go out, however. The problem often becomes exacerbated at night, forcing people with this condition to toss and turn as their bodies try to cool them down. People who sleep with partners face an even more difficult situation because the sweating can make everyone uncomfortable, irritable, and exhausted.
Is Hyperhidrosis Related to Menopause?
People can have hyperhidrosis without being in menopause. In fact, many people who suffer from this situation are males, teenagers, and young adults. However, women who are in the midst of menopause might also suffer from hyperhidrosis. In other words, the two can be related, but aren't necessarily always linked together.
Women who are enduring menopause often have hot flashes and night sweats. This excessive sweating has the same problems as those referenced above, with women often feeling removed from their partners, suffering from a lack of sleep, and waking up in pools of sweat. It's not a pleasant situation for anyone to be in, but there are ways to keep cool and dry in either circumstance.
Bedding for Menopause and Hyperhidrosis
With all that we've said about the discomforts of excessive sweating, it only makes sense that menopause bedding belongs in anyone's life who's suffering from this condition. Why? Because dealing with traditional cotton, satin, or other fabrics simply isn't worth it when your body needs to be covered in a cooling, calming sheet that will help ensure a good night's sleep.
This is what makes PeachSkinSheets' different from your average run-of-the-mill bedding. Our SMART Fabric not only feels luxurious to the touch, but it's built to keep your body temperature controlled while you sleep. It's great for you and your partner, too, and because of its moisture-wicking properties, you won't have to worry about waking up in a sheet that has absorbed all of your sweat. We don't believe in that type of discomfort. Instead, we've designed our sheets to keep you dry while driving moisture away from your body – menopause requires cool sheets, and we have you covered.
Here are a few other benefits we thought you'd enjoy:
- Color that lasts. Anyone who sweats excessively is also doing laundry more than the average person. Other sheets can easily lose their color and begin to fade when they're washed time and time again, but not PeachSkinSheets! Our colors won't fade and our whites won't become gray. You can wash, rinse, and repeat as much as you need, knowing your sheets will still look as beautiful as they did the day you bought them.
- No shrinkage. Speaking of problems that pop up when sheets are constantly washed and dried, we'd like to invite you to a world where the tug-and-pull method of changing the sheets is no longer necessary. Your sheets will be the same size when you put them on your mattress as they were when you took them off to wash them. No fuss. No muss.
- Anti-microbial properties. Sweat can invite bacteria, which can make your sheets smell and cause rashes and irritation to sensitive skin. Fortunately, you've found PeachSkinSheets, so you no longer have to worry about these inconveniences — because our SMART Fabric is anti-microbial by nature. It prevents dust and pollen from adhering to the fabric, which is extra important if you find yourself sweating during the night. Other sheets not only invite bad things to hang around where you sleep, but since they also absorb moisture rather than wicking it away, your sheets can become an ultimate breeding ground for bacteria.
- Fast-drying fabric. Since we know how important it is for you to stay dry, we think you'll appreciate the fact that our sheets dry super-fast, whether they're beneath your body or in the laundry room. When you're washing your bedding, our sheets will be dry in about 20 minutes' time on medium heat.
- Pesticide-free product. We fully believe you deserve to sleep on bedding that hasn’t been treated with pesticides. PeachSkinSheets are pesticide-free, unlike some non-organic fabrics like cotton.
PeachSkinSheets is your place for sheets if you suffer from menopause. If you're tired of waking up in your own sweat and need sheets that'll keep you cool longer, you’ve found your magical formula! Visit us at PeachSkinSheets.com today and get ready to feel comfortable and well-rested when you wake up in the morning!
- All topics
- Antimicrobial Sheets
- Bed Sheets
- Better Sleep
- Color of the month
- Decor Ideas
- Duvet Covers
- Hot Sleeper Sheets
- Hypoallergenic Sheets
- Luxury Bed Sheets
- Master Bedroom
- Sheets For Night Sweats
- SMART Fabric
- Washing Sheets
YOU REALLY US
"Best sheets ever! I love these sheets! I've purchased them for all my family members and bought a second set for myself. I highly recommend them to anyone who enjoys sleeping.""