The Magic Behind Superior Sleep
Anyone who’s ever woken up in the middle of the night covered in sweat knows how important it is to stay cool during slumbers. Overheating is not only uncomfortable, but it can keep people awake for endless hours of the night, causing tossing and turning as they try to relax.
The problems with uncomfortable sleep compound, causing a domino effect that becomes more apparent as the days wear on.
But, it doesn’t have to be this way! The secret is in the fabric.
Sure, cotton sheets are comfortable and can be soft. They’re also the go-to fabric for many people who don’t realize there are better options on the market. People who are hot sleepers need more than just the traditional go-to material; they need something that’s conducive to night sweats in order to be able to sleep comfortable and dry throughout the night.
Why Staying Cool Makes for Better Sleep
Science has shown that the body’s regulation of temperature during sleep is imperative to achieving optimal rest. In fact, the addition of heat during a person’s slumber can interfere with two important rest-encompassing elements: slow wave sleep (SWS) and rapid eye movement (REM). Slow wave sleep refers to those moments when you’re in a deep sleep, which is necessary for survival. This is when your brain resets itself and recovers from the activities of the day. Rapid eye movement sleep is the part of a person’s slumbers when they’re dreaming and their eyes are rapidly fluttering back and forth beneath their eyelids. During this stage, the brain’s survival instincts are satisfied, enabling humans to realize the best possible behavioral and psychological outcomes during waking hours.
In both cases, someone who gets too hot when they sleep is at risk for experiencing insomnia, grogginess the following day, decreased motor functions, and even behavioral issues. (Have you ever met a baby who’s crabby after her sleep was interrupted? It’s the same idea on a grander scale.)
Here’s where the domino effect begins to take place. An increase in a person’s core body temperature can lead to insomnia or insufficient sleep, which can then lead to other health problems, including:
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Low sex drive
- Weakened immune system
- Weight gain
- Increased risk of heart disease
- Poor balance
- Mood swings
- High blood pressure
- Memory issues
- Trouble concentrating and thinking
If you’ve never understood the benefits of staying cool while you sleep before, we hope this got your attention! It’s far more important than many people realize.
How Buying the Best Sheets for Staying Cool Can Lead to Better Rest
Most fabrics absorb sweat, which means you’re left lying in it for the duration of your slumber. Not only that, but your sweat will seep beneath the sheets and pillowcases, inviting bacteria, odors and unwelcome guests onto your bedding. Cotton and other traditional bedding fabrics aren’t temperature controlled, so they can’t offer you any benefits in terms of keeping you cool. In fact, it’s usually quite the opposite. Standard materials can cause people to get even hotter than normal when they sleep, even if they only cover themselves with a single sheet.
Great bedding doesn’t work this way. The best sheets for hot sleepers wick moisture away and provide a lightweight, breathable surface through which the air can travel in a breeze (pun intended!) The perfect textiles were created to help your body regulate its temperature while you’re busy enjoying dreamland.
So, What ARE the Best Sheets for Staying Cool?!
With all this in mind, it seems only obvious that you’d want to find the right sheets that’ll help you stay cool, but where do you even begin?
PeachSkinSheets has taken the cool-sleep market by storm, bringing with it an enhanced material that’s designed to give everyone the best sleep possible, no matter how hot or cold their bodies may get during the middle of the night. PeachSkinSheets’ fabric can even keep excess heat away...
- 21st Century SMART Fabric. PeachSkinSheets’ SMART fabric is the latest in high-performance sleep textiles.
- Breathability. Cottons, silks and satins simply don’t let your skin and body breathe the way they need to. PeachSkinSheets has revolutionized the breathability of bedding with a lightweight fabric that’ll keep you covered—yet cool—all night long.
- Moisture-Wicking Ability. People who sweat in their sleep understand the importance of moisture-wicking material. Picture high-performance sports wear; athletes obviously sweat a ton as part of their professions, which is why they have specially designed clothing that’s intentionally created to draw moisture away from the skin and keep their bodies dry and their temperatures regulated. PeachSkinSheets employs the same idea, providing moisture-wicking material that comes in the form of bedsheets, duvet covers and pillowcases. This means the fabric doesn’t absorb liquid, so you won’t wake up in a pool of your own sweat when the alarm clock hits that magic number.
Until you’ve experienced the kind of sleep that’s wrapped in ultimate comfort and coolness, you’ve never had a great night’s sleep. Get ready to be wowed by the way you feel when you wake up in the morning. Get ready to love bedtime!
PeachSkinSheets provides the best sheets for staying cool. Thanks to our temperature-controlled and moisture-wicking fabric, you can lay your head on your pillow and relax, knowing a peaceful, cool slumber awaits you. Shop our collection today!